We are a medium-sized, independently owned and operated bicycle sales and service shop in the heart of Fabric Row off of South St. in Philadelphia. Voted Best of Philly 2015 and 100 Best Bike Shops in USA by Bicycle Retailer News, and Best 100 Bike Shops in the USA by Bicycling Magazine, we pride ourselves on keeping the doors open for 10 years with a philosophy that keeps things low pressure and focuses on getting people on bikes that they like, are comfortable, and are safe. We ride what we sell and choose what to stock based on the collective experience of our owners and employees. We offer competitive wages and don't lay people off seasonally.
Please submit all inquiries (including a resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Area Employees/Mechanics
Service Area employees are responsible for checking in customer bicycles, carrying out scheduled and same day repair work, building bicycles for inventory, providing good customer service, having strong technical knowledge and willingness to learn the practices and processes used at Bicycle Revolutions. This can be either a full or part-time position, and reports to the Service Manager or shop owner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful service to a diverse customer base
- Check-in customer bikes through accurate assessment and estimation of incoming repairs following best practices & service area procedures
- Make sure that any necessary parts or components for scheduled work are in stock, if not confirm that they are special ordered to arrive in time for repair date
- Conduct basic and advance repairs, maintenance, and walk-in services on a wide variety of bicycles, completing all tasks on time
- Meticulously assemble and test ride new bikes for shop inventory, based on build schedule.
- Communicate with supervisor and other service staff to understand what repairs need to be completed that day and what task each employee is assigned to fulfill
- Upon completion of repair enter accurate pricing for parts and labor into the Point of Sale system
- Include necessary notes on all repair tickets and properly file all tickets. When returning bikes to customers go over notes and be sure to return all parts.
- Ring out customers for service and parts following proper Point of Sale system procedures if necessary.
- All Staff are responsible for answering phones. Field parts and service related customer phone calls and defer sales related questions to front end staff.
- If a customer needs assistance on the sales floor introduce them to an available front-end staff member, assist them when appropriate
- Pay attention to stock levels of common parts and put items that need to be reordered on the to order list
- Have knowledge of services we perform, including what each service entails and what it costs
- Communicate with customers and coworkers in a respectful manner
- Ask questions of other service area staff if you are unsure of the answer
- Maintain the service area’s appearance and organization
- Must be at the shop ready to work at designated time.
The ideal candidate:
- Prior experience working as a bicycle mechanic at a bicycle shop and competency in bicycle repair, diagnosis, and maintenance. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Desire and capacity to learn from experienced mechanics, develop professionally, learn about maintenance and repair, keep up with new bicycle technologies, and become more proficient at a shop that embraces a wide variety of customers, bikes and employees.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills. Commitment to exceptional customer service, strong interpersonal skills, and a friendly outgoing attitude.
- Self-directed, energetic, flexible, personable with a good eye for detail and strong follow through
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers and coworkers. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team